The word negotiate in a professional setting can sometimes be intimidating. However, you’re in luck! Concentric’s mission is to focus on the people inside the hiring process. To do that, we take on the negotiation process for you so that both sides will always benefit from the beginning.
What do we mean by this exactly? In this article, we’ll discuss some things job seekers and hiring managers should consider before the interview stage and how Concentric can help.
The significance of respecting non-negotiables for job seekers and hiring teams
Knowing what you are and aren’t willing to compromise before interviewing can help you better define larger goals and roles that are more fitting, regardless of which side of the process you’re on.
Some aspects to consider include:
- A bottom-line salary
- Autonomy over workload
- Remote, flexible, or hybrid working options
- Training and development programs
- Development opportunities
- Commuting distance and business travel expectations
- A company mission statement that aligns with personal values
Having a list of specified non-negotiables when talking to a Concentric recruiter can result in the following benefits:
- Saves time and resources: Knowing everyone’s deal breakers means that no one is investing time or energy into conversations that won’t result in an agreement.
- Reduces misunderstandings: Identifying necessary candidate traits or role requirements upfront can help minimize misunderstandings and miscommunications of a job description or experience level during the interview stage.
- Ensures alignment: Having non-negotiables helps a recruiter quickly ensure that the company and job seeker are aligned on key issues like compensation, work schedule, or company culture. This can lead to a better working relationship and higher job satisfaction.
- Empowers both parties: Job seekers who can comfortably and confidently describe their non-negotiables can be more assertive in communicating their needs in the long run of their careers. Similarly, hiring managers aware of the company’s non-negotiables can make more informed decisions when selecting the best candidate.
Concentric will be your advocate
When we work with professionals, we strive to take any stress out of the hiring process for them as possible. The same goes for the companies we partner with. In our minds, the worst thing that could happen during hiring is when a candidate falls in love with a company (or vice versa), goes through a rigorous interview process, and then discovers at the end of it that it can’t work out, and now they must awkwardly decline.
It’s not about just finding a job— it’s about providing a path to professional goals. Concentric prioritizes understanding the professional’s and client’s needs upfront to ensure we can advocate for and present opportunities that align with their salary requirements, desired skillsets, and location preferences. By taking this approach, we can effectively bridge the gap between our clients and professionals to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes.
Not only that, but we’ll take it one step further by finding positions that are currently closed or available due to our community connections. Likewise, jobs can be created for candidates if a partnership is exceptionally beneficial. These benefits are the fruits of trust, and we take that responsibility very seriously.
Join the Concentric community
Our recruiters start with an in-person meeting to get to know candidates, paying particular attention to the obstacles they face in their current employment and discussing short- and long-term goals and ambitions. From there, our recruiters continue their hands-on coaching to candidates in interviewing and onboarding at no cost, connecting them directly with decision-makers to avoid getting lost in the HR void.
Our approach to recruiting top-tier professionals for thousands of permanent and temporary IT and corporate tech positions is rooted in our core belief that aligning companies with high-quality talent starts at the relationship level. This process isn’t just different from typical IT staffing— it’s successful, resulting in an 80% candidate retention rate after hire.
Concentric specializes in the following areas:
- hardware engineering
- software engineering
- infrastructure engineering
- data engineering/data intelligence
Looking to hire advocates outside of the tech space?
Connect with our sister company, Clarity. Clarity Search teams up with business owners and managers nationwide to create connections between top-tier accounting, finance, and marketing professionals.